If you’re the creative type, you should follow your passion and pursue a career in arts and design. Gone are the days of the stereotypical ‘starving artists.’ A lot of professionals have led fulfilling and lucrative lives through their arts and design careers.
What are the career options for those that take up an art and design track anyway? In this article, we’ll delve into the most popular career options for the imaginative and creative at heart:
- Professional artist. The most obvious career option for those taking arts and design track is to become a professional artist. If you’ve got the talent and dedication for the industry, you should take a leap of faith, and do what you love.
This may be a highly competitive career path, but the possibilities are endless. You get to make a lot of money by expressing yourself through your artwork, and you get the opportunity to meet a lot of interesting people.
- Illustrator. If you have the ability to convey messages, stories, or ideas through your creative craft, you should consider turning your talent into money by becoming an illustrator.
These professionals usually work on a freelance basis for multiple clients. They also specialize in a specific type of art, like photography, drawing, or digital illustration. You get to manage your time and work wherever you want as long you’re accessible to your customers.
- Photographer. It takes more than the ability to take pretty pictures for the ‘gram to become a successful photographer. However, if you’re gifted with the eye and skills to take amazing photographs, you should put your gifts to good use.
Professional photography equipment can be expensive but think of it as an investment for the long run. You can specialize in what type of photography piques your interest, such as fashion, sports, nature, or events like weddings. If this is your passion, you should work on building a strong portfolio as soon as you can.
- Animator. Through an arts and design track, you can follow the footsteps of the iconic Walt Disney, and introduce more people to a whole new world. Even if you’re not interested in making full-length films, you can be an animator for an advertising agency or marketing firm.
This career path may be very competitive, but the effort will be worth it in the long run. To become a successful animator, you need to work on a formidable portfolio and develop your technical skills. As the animation industry continues to evolve, you should keep up with the times to remain relevant.
- Graphic designer. If you’re gifted in crafting creative solutions that have a high visual impact, you should consider pursuing becoming a graphic designer. Every day will be unique as clients have different requirements and requests. You get to express yourself through your craft and tell compelling stories at the same time.
These professionals can work in a magazine, advertising agency, or even the marketing department of any big company. To become a competent graphic designer, you need to continuously hone your craft, and master technical skills such as Photoshop.
- Interior designer. Whether you’re #teamkahoy or #teamputi, you can transform a house into a unique home through the power of interior design. An interior designer gets to create or revise spaces to maximize their functionality and visual appeal. Not only will you get to work with people’s dream homes, but you can elevate commercial spaces for businesses to flourish.
These are only some of the most popular arts and design track jobs in the market. What’s great about these creative careers is that you can choose to work for a company, freelance, or start your own business. You get the opportunity to express yourself and build the life you’ve always dreamed of.
Before you start working on your portfolio, it’s important you arm yourself with the basics. That’s why you should nurture your inner creativity by pursuing art and career track at CIIT Philippines.
An academic institution that promotes high-quality, industry-based teaching, we at CIIT Philippines are your stepping stone to the career of your dreams. Invest in yourself by exploring our courses today.