Are you passionate about computer science? Taking up a software engineering (SE) course here in the Philippines can be your ideal choice. It may not be as common as civil, mechanical, or electrical courses, but this course is far more thriving and high paying than other courses in engineering. To see if this career suits you, read below the benefits you can get if you pursue this program.
Many job options are up for grab once you finish the course. You’ll surely enjoy having one of these most in-demand jobs in the future:
- Database engineer
- Systems or software analyst
- Software quality assurance engineer
- Software app developer
Besides talent and skills, you should also consider the pay when picking a college course. Put side by side with other fields, IT offers a greater edge in getting the highest salary.
JobStreet Philippines says newly graduates of IT can get a salary between ₱20,265 to ₱23,949 per month. Moreover, data center system operators, tech supports, and computer hardware experts may get as much as ₱21,371. Graduates majoring in software and programs, on the other hand, can receive a pay of ₱24,000 on their first year.
SE is the current “big thing” in the labor market. Experts, in fact, name it as one of the best jobs in the world. With technologies evolving at a faster rate, firms are willing to pay much to meet their demands on software design and development.
Meanwhile, CIIT College of Arts and Technology, a premier digital arts school based in Quezon City, offers a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science majoring in Software Engineering. Among the subjects you will learn include programming, algorithms, web development, and data structures.
At CIIT, you’ll also get to master one or more of these fields:
- Advanced web programming
- Advanced system programming
- Enterprise system development
- Data warehousing
- Info service
Students will enjoy the following perks, too, when they choose CIIT:
- Industry-relevant program that will prepare the students for the corporate world.
- Small class size that will foster closer contact between teachers and students—the key to achieving effective learning.
- Modern tools and facilities that will equip students with the latest technology and needed skills.
- Hands-on training based on real-world setting that will make learning an applied experience.
- Expert teachers that will guarantee quality education.
The future of students in the field of software engineering looks bright especially in local employment. If you want to fill the need for more SEs, visit CIIT’s web site for a more detailed discussion on the course.