Since the internet became accessible to the public in the 1990’s, it has become a staple in society. Consequently, having a presence in the world wide web can open a lot of opportunities. In an increasingly interconnected age, having a website can do wonders for your goals regardless if you’re promoting a business, spreading awareness about a certain advocacy and the like.
Websites are made possible through web development. According to Techterms, web development refers to building, creating, and maintaining websites. It includes aspects such as web design, web publishing, web programming, and database management. In simple terms, web development refers to all the work that goes into making a website.
What’s on the Web?
What’s so special about having your own website anyway? Well, the fact of the matter is that the internet isn’t going anywhere. As per Statista, there are 3.97 billion global users of the internet as of 2019, more than half of the world’s population, and this number is expected to increase in the years to come.
The internet has become an invaluable portal for a variety of reasons. First of all, It has become a platform for people to connect with others wherever they are in the world. The significance of this function has been magnified exponentially by the COVID-19 pandemic. It has become an avenue to conduct research in a more efficient and accessible manner, saving people a lot of time and effort.
To add to this, the internet has paved the way for education, not just in an academic setup, but in general. The internet provides a plethora of information on anything and everything under the sun. Lastly, the internet has become an avenue for entertainment, which has helped people cope significantly amid the ongoing pandemic.
Whatever your reason is for being on the internet, the common denominator among these is that they require a website, and each website requires a website developer.
Why Study Web Development?
What are the opportunities in web development anyway? In a world that has been bridged together by the internet, there are a lot of great reasons why studying web development is so valuable, such as:
- The high demand. The demand for web developers continues to rise, especially now that going online has become the safest way for shopping, information and entertainment. Businesses are always on the lookout for good quality web developers to help their companies thrive and survive, and it is expected that this trend will continue in the years to come.
- Work flexibility. Once you’ve learned how to develop compelling websites, you have the option to work full-time, part-time or even freelance. You can even become your own boss. The possibilities are endless! Whatever your preference for working is, you have a lot of viable options if you’re an expert in web design.
- Good compensation. The monetary compensation for designing websites is high. A lot of organizations pay a huge sum of money for the development of sophisticated websites. In this day and age where everything seems to get expensive by the day, it’s a great career choice that can pave the way for a comfortable life.
- Qualification. While having a degree in Computer Science is certainly a plus, you don’t need a college degree in order to be a web design expert. You’re hired based on your knowledge of web development, and portfolio of previous work.
- Sense of fulfillment. You have the potential to make a lot of amazing things happen if you’re skilled in web design. Whether it’s promoting a good cause or advocating for a passion project, developing websites can be a platform to a lot of great things.
It should be noted, however, that as the internet and the world of web design evolves, so must web developers in order to stay relevant. Web developers should keep themselves up to date with the latest trends and concepts in order to service their clients better.
Before you delve into the world of opportunities of web design, you need to learn the process of web development. While there are a lot of resources to help you get started, a great way to do so is through a Web Design Course.
A great place to learn design websites is CIIT Philippines. An academic institution that promotes high quality, industry-based teaching, CIIT Philippines offers a Web Design Course that will equip students with valuable skills such as web design, web programming, and WordPress.
CIIT Philippines’ teaching staff consists mostly of active industry pros who share first-rate knowledge and skills, ensuring students will learn from experts who can walk the talk. Along with them, CIIT Philippines always improves its programs to make them more relevant to current trade needs, giving students a competitive edge to advance their careers. The possibilities are endless, so jumpstart your journey to learning about web design today.