The pandemic undeniably changed the world. It even brought huge economic fallout that not only affected many households but also industries who are now filing bankruptcy or temporarily halting operations to save what’s left of their businesses.
The impact of this sudden shift also affects the workforce. Many careers are, in fact, on the brink of failure today. If we choose not to embrace the digitization that is happening all over the world, there is a danger of being left behind. Now, more than ever, we should step up our game and start upskilling ourselves to not be left behind in this “new normal”.
As an institution committed to providing modern education that responds to the needs of the times, CIIT came up with a solution where professionals can learn new skills or develop existing ones without risking their health and safety. Our Specialist Classes, CIIT’s short course programs for professionals, are finally bringing the learning experience online.
The Specialist Virtual Classes is not your typical online course. It offers personalized learning where students can interact with their classmates and instructors, access the learning resources via the learning management system anytime during the course of their study, and more!
Key Features of the CIIT Online Distance Learning
Digitally Enabled Classes
Use Of Reputable Learning Management System
Industry Practitioner Instructors
Coaching And Mentoring Sessions
Remote Technical Support
What to Expect from the CIIT College Online Classes?
The classes will be conducted using Canvas, the cloud based learning management system (LMS) CIIT subscribes to. All class activities such as lectures, instructional materials, assessments, submissions, discussions, grading and attendance among others will be done within the LMS. Each student will have their own Canvas account through which they and their parents can access all the content and information relevant and related to their classes and school activities.
- Students will be given virtual class schedules with each subject having 1-hour weekly schedules only
- These 1-hour schedules will be composed of 30-60 mins live-streaming lectures to be conducted by your Instructor
- Student attendance will be monitored but not required
- All live streaming lectures will also be recorded and uploaded in Canvas (LMS) for students to watch or replay at their own time
- The reduced duration for live-streaming lectures is based on the best practices shared by colleges and universities who have had extensive experience in conducting virtual classes. This may be supplemented with other pre-recorded videos by the Instructor.
- The core as well as the heart and soul of this term
- Outside of the 1-hour weekly class schedule, students are strongly encouraged to schedule coaching sessions with their Instructors. These coaching sessions can be done one-on-one or together with your friends
- The coaching sessions will allow a more personalized learning experience that is focused on addressing your individual concerns and anything else that you might want to learn.
- Your Instructors will also be helping you in navigating any life challenge that you are facing
- Appointments will be made using a separate platform
- CIIT and the rest of the schools in the Philippines have limited experience in conducting fully virtual classes on such a scale, therefore, we also need to learn together, both students and schools on how to improve the experience
- Faculty Members will be regularly evaluated by students in both the live-streaming lectures as well as the coaching sessions
- Immediate and regular feedback will allow the teachers to improve on a daily basis
Requirements to Attend CIIT Online Distance Learning
- A laptop or desktop computer which the student can use exclusively during school hours.
- Below are the specs of the CIIT Lab Workstation for your reference:
- Processor: Intel Core i5 – 7600 / AMD Ryzen 5 – 2600
- Motherboard: ASUS EX-H110M-V / MSI A320M PRO-M2
- RAM: 8192 DDR4-2400
- Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050
- SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB / XPG SX6000 Lite 256GB M.2
- OS: Windows 10
- Monitor: 1920 x 1080
- Drawing Tablet: Wacom or Huion
- CIIT Lab desktop computers are available for loan for a monthly rental fee of P2,500 inclusive of insurance, exclusive of shipping
Stable broadband internet connection that is able to play live streaming videos during school hours, taking into consideration the simultaneous use of the internet by other family members.
Parents must be open to working with the school and being involved in managing their child’s performance. They should provide a home environment that is conducive to learning. The school will be communicating with parents regularly to keep them abreast on what is happening in the school and with their child. Parents should make time to go through the information provided and discuss them with their child as well.
A mindset that is open to learning in a virtual setting, maximizing the tools and resources available and adapting to the new normal is necessary. Students must be able to manage their school schedules and tasks with remote supervision of their teachers. They should be able to receive and give feedback using the online tools available.
Application and Enrollment
Ready to expand your potential and make a breakthrough in your career? Enroll in our Specialist Virtual Classes so your skills can keep up with the demands of the industries today. Experience an online learning environment that provides personalized education. For the list of short-course programs offered in Specialist virtual classes, go to www.ciit.edu.ph/specialist-courses. The application is also easy with our online enrollment process. If you need more information, please do not hesitate to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.