In response to the feedback gathered from CIIT College Students concerning the challenges faced by some students and faculty members holding online virtual classes, the school has decided that it would be best to cancel the online classes starting March 23 to April 8, 2020, which covers the last two weeks of the term but extend the 2T by another two weeks.
IMPORTANT DATES FOR STUDENTS TO NOTE BASED ON REVISED 2ND TERM CALENDAR
|April 6-12, 20202||Holiday. No work from home also.|
|April 15, 2020 (Wednesday)||Classes resume
Start of Week 13
|April 17, 2020||Deadline of 30% Installment Payment for Finals.
Off-Campus payments can be made anytime from now until the deadline. Penalties will apply starting April 18, 2020.
|April 20, 2020||Start of Week 14
Start of Finals Exam Week
|April 25, 2020||End of 2nd Term (originally April 4, 2020)|
|May 4, 2020||Enrollment for 3rd Term (originally April 20, 2020)|
|May 11, 2020||Start of 3rd Term (originally April 27, 2020)|
2ND TERM SCHEDULE FOR WEEK 11-14
Week 11 – originally from March 9 -14, 2020 will be held through virtual classes
Week 12 – originally from March 16-21, 2020 will be held through virtual classes
Week 13 – originally from March 26 – April 1, 2020, will be moved to April 15-18, 2020
Week 14 – originally from April 2-8, 2020 will be moved to April 20-25, 2020
VIRTUAL CLASS SETUP UP FOR WEEK 11 & 12
Instructors will upload activities and projects for students to accomplish in Canvas covering Week 11 & 12 so that students can navigate Canvas at a later time to learn the materials and work on activities when they regain internet access. Deadlines for outputs may be moved at a later date or when classes resume in consideration to students with limited/no internet access.
- For the remaining days of virtual classes. live video-conferencing will no longer be required in consideration for students with limited internet access who are unable to participate. Instructors may only hold live video conferences if students can join and interact with each other in real-time or upload pre-recorded video lecture content in Canvas so students can access them at a later time.
- Though virtual classes will no longer be held starting March 23, 2020, Faculty members will be available for consultation via social media, Facebook groups, messenger apps or email while classes remain suspended until April 14, 2020.
- Instructors are also expected to communicate what students must accomplish for the Finals of the 2nd Term.
- Students are strongly encouraged to work on projects, activities, and outputs for all subjects during the suspension period. Use the time productively to avoid cramming when classes resume. There are only 11 calendar days from April 15 – 25, 2020. If you have any limitations in working on your outputs, please coordinate with your Instructors directly. Do not risk your safety by going out just to get your supplies/equipment.
- Please note that the above are guidelines. Faculty Members may opt to go beyond the recommendations above to better serve students enrolled in their subjects.
RESUMPTION OF CLASSES FOR WEEK 13 & 14
- Lessons for Week 13 & 14 may be tackled by Faculty Members when classes resume on April 15, 2020.
ARE OTHER STUDENTS SERVICES STILL ACCESSIBLE OR AVAILABLE?
- Yes. CIIT Interweave Campus has already shifted to a work-from-home setup for all of our administrators. Services will still be available Mondays to Fridays.
- Students can reach the respective departments they would like to contact via email.
|firstname.lastname@example.org||If you need any reference material or resources (such as Open Access Journals, scholarly articles for theses, etc)|
|email@example.com||If you are expecting to encounter challenges in meeting your financial obligations for 2nd Term payments or even 3rd Term Enrollment|
|firstname.lastname@example.org||For questions about documentary requirements|
|email@example.com||If you need someone to talk to as well|
|firstname.lastname@example.org||For health-related concerns especially COVID-2019 facts|
|email@example.com||For any mental and emotional health support, you need|
|firstname.lastname@example.org||For OJT related concerns|
|email@example.com||For general student inquiries|
WHAT ABOUT NSTP ACTIVITIES THAT REQUIRE STUDENTS TO GO TO COMMUNITIES?
- All Community Extension Programs are canceled. Guidelines and instructions will be posted on Canvas and students can communicate with their respective NSTP instructors.
WHAT ABOUT THE OJT AND INTERNSHIP OF STUDENTS
- OJT students are recommended to communicate with their respective immediate superior for the possible alternative rendering of work hours.
- Students on OJT are expected to complete the minimum required hours on or before April 24, 2020
- Please click here for more details regarding the OJT Program
WHAT ABOUT THOSE WHO ARE ABOUT TO DO THEIR THESIS DEFENSE?
- All thesis defense schedules will be extended. Further instructions regarding the final date of your defense will be provided by your Thesis Coordinator.
WILL THERE BE AN EXTENSION FOR SUBMISSION OF REQUIREMENTS TO THE COLLEGE REGISTRAR ESPECIALLY THE FORM 137?
- Yes. Please write an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request an extension for the submission of any requirements to the College Registrar. The Registrar will assume that you do not need any extension for the submission of requirements if no such request is received from the student.
WILL THERE BE AN EXTENSION FOR PAYMENTS?
- The revised calendar above already reflects the movement of the payment deadline for the remaining 30% Finals Payment for those under installment.
- Should you face financial difficulties, please reach out and email email@example.com
HOW DO WE CONTINUE OUR APPLICATION FOR GRADUATION?
- You don’t need to apply for graduation. The Registrar’s Office will be sending an email to all students who are considered candidates for graduation by April 24, 2020. If you do not receive an email, you can send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Graduation ceremonies are normally scheduled every September of the year. There will be no delays in the meantime.
STUDENT CLEARANCES THAT YOU MUST ACCOMPLISH
- Please check your Edusuite regularly as there might be additional requirements that you have to submit or comply with from the different departments. Departments will begin posting any requirements you might have before you are allowed to enroll for the 3rd Term.