2. Processing and location of data CIIT’s processing includes manual, automatic or electronic collection, recording, organization, storage, updating or modification, retrieval, consultation, use, consolidation, blocking, erasure or destruction, and other operations performed on personal data. Processing may be done through manual, physical, automatic, virtual or electronic means or methods. We process and store Personal Data only within the Philippines.
3. Collection of data CIIT may collect personnel data upon request at appropriate times, including, without limitation, upon:
4. Storage of data The personal data and records collected are stored in physical and/or electronic mediums: Personal data and records written in physical documents are stored in lock-and-key containers housed in secure locations and accessed only by authorized personnel. Archival data is stored in secure locations and accessed only by authorized personnel. Personal data and records encoded in electronic systems either encoded or digitized, are stored in official school systems and other third party systems/services utilized by CIIT. School systems are stored and secured in servers hosted within and outside CIIT. Formal agreements between CIIT and all third party systems/services that store data are established for the proper storage and processing of data.
Authorized persons may include, as appropriate, CIIT personnel, service providers and their personnel, partner organizations or companies, government agencies and regulatory authorities, and parent/s, legal guardian/s, or any person/s giving financial support for students’ education, for purposes of verification and in acknowledgement of the exercise of their authority and responsibilities under the law.
6. Retention and disposal of data CIIT will retain personal data only for as long as necessary for the fulfillment of the purposes for which the data was obtained, for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims, for legitimate business purposes, or as provided by applicable laws or regulations. Personal data that is no longer necessary to be retained will be disposed of or de-identified in a secure manner. Certain types of data may be stored in perpetuity by the Office of the Registrar upon enrollment with CIIT, in compliance with the general practices of Registrars and Higher Education Institutions, such as students’ diplomas and transcripts of records.
7. Requests for objections, corrections, erasures, blockings, access or complaint The following concerns may be raised through the submission of a formal letter to the School Registrar for consideration:
8. Rights of data subjects Persons providing personal data are solely responsible for the correctness and accuracy of such data or any information provided to CIIT, for which CIIT reserves the right to rely on the same. In case of any changes, updates, or corrections, CIIT should be notified immediately. The following are rights of data subjects under data privacy laws:
CIIT College of Arts and Technology Address:
Main Campus (Kamuning – Quezon City): 94 Kamuning Road Interweave Building Brgy. Kamuning, Quezon City 1103
SHS Campus (Mother Ignacia – Quezon City): Ignacia Place, 3rd & 4th Flr. 62 Sgt. Esguerra St. Cor. Mother Ignacia Brgy. South Triangle Quezon City
Guide document on personal data and purposes of collection and storage The following table sets out a non-exhaustive list of personal information and documents that CIIT may collect and process in the regular course of its business as an educational institution and/or as stated below. This document is only intended to serve as a reference for students, applicants, parents/guardians, personnel and other relevant persons, and may be subject to modification from time to time in the discretion of CIIT.