CIIT’s decision to resume online classes is our strategy to cater to students who would like to finally complete and finish the 2nd Term of the school year. Together with your Instructors, we are also acknowledging limitations that you might have during ECQ and will be definitely adjusting our standards and expectations knowing that it is difficult to produce equally amazing work compared to normal situations without ECQ.
If you are someone who can and would like to complete all your academic requirements to finish the 2nd Term, and you also have the necessary resources to do so (internet, equipment, healthy mental and physical condition, etc.) then we encourage you to submit your requirements so that you won’t have to worry about this anymore. Please read the procedures below on how to complete this and take note of the deadlines for submission of your final outputs.
ONLINE OR VIRTUAL CLASSES IS NOT APPLICABLE FOR ALL STUDENTS
If you are someone who will be unable to finish the 2nd Term for various reasons (ex. Limited internet access, no equipment, physically or mentally unwell, etc.) that’s okay. You don’t have to worry about anything for the meantime.
- You will be given a temporary INC or Incomplete grade for the subjects you cannot finish. We want to reassure you that an INC grade will not affect your GWA or any of your Academic standing whatsoever (even your CIIT Scholarship). Your grades for subjects with INC will be released once you have submitted your remaining requirements in the future. Think of this as an extension.
- We want you to focus on your general well-being and we will give you the opportunity to finish all your 2nd Term requirements when the time comes or when classes are allowed to resume. You can read more details below on INC. But right now, we suggest you rest and don’t worry about your school requirements first. Ask help from our Nurses or Guidance Counsellors who are always just a phone call or email away if you need.
|SCHEDULE FOR STUDENTS WHO ARE ABLE TO ATTEND MODIFIED VIRTUAL CLASSES|
|Week 13 – April 13-18|
|Week 14 (Finals) – April 20-25|
|Deadline for all Finals Projects/Outputs – April 29|
|SCHEDULE FOR STUDENTS WHO ARE ABLE TO ATTEND MODIFIED VIRTUAL CLASSES|
|You will be given an INC for all subjects where you will be unable to submit the Finals Project after April 29, 2020|
|Read the policy on INC for reasons due to ECQ.|
|Wait for further announcement on when you must submit your requirements to complete the 2nd Term. This is referred to as the INC Completion Period|
|Note that INC Completion Period is different from the Deadline for Finals Projects on April 29, 2020.|
MODIFIED VIRTUAL CLASSES
- All remaining course content and requirements for Week 13 and 14 will be uploaded in Canvas by your respective Instructors.
- Live video streaming classes are not required.
- Instructors are requested to be lenient with their students.
- In case the Instructor decided to hold a live video streaming class, a recording should be available for download to those students who cannot join the online class in real-time. Missing the online class should not, in any way, affect the grades of the students.
- Instructors should still be available for online consultation.
We cannot expect the same quality compared to the real classroom setting wherein your classmates and Instructors are present. However, this setup will enable you to learn on your own and prepare you in the future. Think of this experience as an opportunity to expand your learning skills from classroom-based to online.
DEADLINE FOR FINAL OUTPUT
- All students who are aiming to submit their final projects for the 2nd term will be given an extended deadline up to April 29, 2020. A total of 4 additional days after the end of Finals Week.
- Beyond this, we will assume that you are unable to participate in the Modified Virtual Classes and will be given a grade of INC for your subjects.
- Your Instructors will also be taking into consideration the limitations that we all have during the ECQ and will make sure that the final projects are manageable for students to complete before April 29, 2020.
- For those students who cannot meet the deadline due to their present circumstances, you will be marked INC for the time being.
- Essentially, grades are a measure of one’s academic performance, skills and competencies gained for a subject. It is important for the school to ensure that all of our students learn the necessary skills and competencies before we allow you to move forward and eventually graduate.
- The vision of CIIT is to make sure that each one of you is ready for employment in your respective fields. By giving you a grade that does not have a basis, our company partners and your future employers might ask why there is a mismatch between your grade and your competencies. Above all, we also question our own integrity if that grade is truly representative of who we are and what we have achieved.
- Even in these trying times where academic skills are not necessarily the priority, we believe that giving passing grades without basis is not the solution.
INC OR INCOMPLETE GRADE POLICY DUE TO ECQ
- Current illness (must be validated by the School Clinic)
- Serious Personal Problems (must be validated by the School Guidance Counselor)
- Serious Accident or a recent death in the immediate family.
- Now, we are adding Enhanced Community Quarantine (ECQ) as one of the valid reasons.
The decision on when and how long the INC Completion Period will depend on when classes will resume. Rest assured that we will try and extend as much time as we can for students without internet access to complete their requirements.
- Just submit your remaining requirements to your Instructor or Program Head before the deadline of the INC completion period. Note that INC Completion Period is not the same as the Deadline for Finals Project.
- However, if you fail to submit your final output during the completion period, you will automatically be marked as “Failed”.
- INC Completion Period refers to the time where students with INC grades in their subjects are expected to complete and submit their remaining requirements so that their final grades can be computed.
- Yes. INC does not mean fail but it also does not mean pass. Once you submit your remaining requirements during the INC Completion period, the original INC grade will be replaced with your final numerical grade. So an INC will now be changed to a numerical grade 1.0-4.0 or F if the student submitted a final output that is deemed as failing by the Instructor.
- Definitely! The school is hoping that students will eventually be allowed to go to CIIT. We will use that time to allow students to use the facilities and finish their Finals Projects and outputs.
- No it will not. INC is just a temporary grade and not your final grade. You will be given a final grade if you are able to submit your remaining requirements for a subject.
- While we do not have a definite answer yet regarding this request, rest assured that a discussion is already on the pipeline. CIIT intends to help students return to their normal lives after the ECQ is lifted and that means providing all our students with the highest possibility of enrolling for the following term and continuing your studies. This is going to be a challenge for some because of the financial impact the ECQ brought to our families and to our working students. We will be looking for the best possible solution to help all of you come back to school but the solutions also vary depending on when classes will eventually resume.
- Yes! The deadline for payment will be moved to May 8, 2020 assuming classes resume on May 4, 2020. If ECQ is extended, this deadline will also be moved.
- All penalties are waived for late payments incurred during the lockdown period starting March 9, 2020, until the resumption of classes. Outstanding balances must still be settled before a student can enroll for the 3rd Term.
NSTP, OJT, and THESIS
- All Community Extension Programs are canceled. Guidelines and instructions will be posted on Canvas and students can communicate with their respective NSTP instructors.
- The announcement of the Final output for NSTP will be posted through Canvas.
- Presentations and defense will be scheduled with your respective instructors. Please wait for an announcement of the schedule through Canvas.
- OJT Students that were given work-from-home accommodations by their respective companies are highly encouraged to complete the total required hours on or before April 29, 2020.
- For those who were not given work-from-home accommodation with less than 120 hours remaining may approach our Placement Office (firstname.lastname@example.org) or send a direct message to the Placement Officer (email@example.com)
- OJT Students that were not given work-from-home accommodation with more than 120 hours will have to file a request for extension during the 3rd Term.
- Yes. Please make sure to send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request an extension.
- The Registrar will assume that you do not need any extension for the submission of requirements if no such request is received from the student.
- No need to apply for graduation.
- The Registrar’s Office will be sending an email to all students who are considered candidates for graduation by April 24, 2020. If you do not receive an email, you can send a message to email@example.com
- Unfortunately, you will not be allowed to attend the graduation exercises if you incurred an INC during the terminal Trimester.
- CIIT will make an announcement on the exact date as soon as we have confirmation from the government on when classes are allowed to resume. In the meantime, let’s focus our efforts on completing the 2nd Term.
My issues and/or concerns were not addressed in this FAQ.
- If you know the email address of the respective Department concerned, please do not hesitate to send them your message via email.
- You may also send your issues and concerns via iTracker.