The evolution of the gaming industry has provided many of us, particularly fans and enthusiasts,the opportunity to express unique and creative ideas through game development. Today, people are not only fascinated at playing interactive programs via PlayStation, Xbox, and Nintendo Wii; they are also enticed in learning about their design and creation by continuously showing interests on how these things are formed and generated.
However, what is even more interesting is the fact that the industry is constantly evolving. Not only does it create profit for developers;it also encourages them to think out of the box and to explore on the possibilities that would make it even more fun and exciting.
A Brighter Future Awaits the Gaming Industry
The success of gaming system for different platforms has evolved as an economic powerhouse. In the United States, it was able to generate $5.53 billion in 2009 and is also projected to grow by 14 percent in 2018. Moreover, research shows that those who have knowledge in website design and animation have the best opportunities in this thriving industry.
Realizing these overwhelming opportunities, people find it significant to find an institution that will provide fundamental knowledge in software engineering, programming skills, and other significant animation tools. Besides providing education, a game development school plays a vital role in turning one’s passion into a successful career.
What to Look for in a Game Development School?
While most of us are enthused about learning the ideas behind Angry Birds, the Sims, and Battlefield, it is equally important to understand that program and software development is more than knowing the basics of drawing, animation, and software engineering. Thus, in choosing an excellent game development school, here are some of the things that we should consider:
- Your Interest. Before enrolling to any course, it is important to identify your interests. Are you most interested in animation, programming, or troubleshooting? From this, you could focus your studies on areas that will let you excel and will make you further understand where your career is headed to.
- Industry Experience. It is important that teachers have professional expertise to ensure that they understand the “ins and outs” of the industry.
- Facilities. As a program developer, having state-of-the-art-equipment and facilities is an advantage for him/her to learn the latest advancements in graphic design, digital environment construction, and project management.
- Degree Programs.There are a lot of educational institutions in the country that offer several education degree programs. Your choice would greatly depend on your career goals; however, you may choose from associate programs, bachelor’s degree, or other trainings that will allow you to enter the workforce successfully.
- The School’s Reputation.It is important to identify if the school meets the highest quality of education. How many successful graduates were they able to produce?
Although it may sound impossible to find a school that offers a wide array of career options to students, CIIT, a highly effective ICT institution, has every reason to be considered an option. It is the most coveted game development school in the Philippines that guarantees affordable and world-class education. With its state-of-the-art facilities, industry relevant, and up-to-date courses, it is not surprising that it produces highly-proficient professionals who are making great waves in their respective careers. In CIIT, students will not only learn how to create great products. Because of its successful partnership with Anino Games, the largest program development studio in the country, Wacom, one of the largest graphics tablet producers, and Kuala Lumpur Metropolitan University College, a progressive and innovative university college in Kuala Lumpur, students are guaranteed to take their careers into greater heights. With CIIT, learning is not only fun and interesting, but also effective and beneficial to students and the entire industry.