Are you an incoming senior high school or a college student preparing to take an entrance exam? You have two options: You can either enroll in a review center or study on your own. Whichever it is, you’ll surely consume time, energy, and effort during your review period. To keep yourself motivated, always think of your dream course and school. Similar to any other college and university, CIIT’s entrance exam is sure worth your preparation.
You might wonder how schools will hold entrance exams during the quarantine period—and beyond. This especially rings true in light of the new normal we are to face due to the COVID-19 pandemic. While other schools have their own strategies for student enrollment, CIIT Philippines lets applicants to still take college entrance exams while at the comforts of their own homes. So now that we’ve got it out of the way, let’s look at handy tips to help you pass that entrance exam with flying colors.
What to Do Before, During, and After the Entrance Exam
Are you about to take your dream school’s entrance examination? Don’t rely on your stock knowledge. Browse through these helpful tips and make way for your best college days!
Before the Entrance Exam
1. Create and stick to your study.
Know the coverage of the test. After this, set aside time for your review. Choose the part of the day when you are most effective at.
2. Evaluate your strengths and weaknesses.
Assess the coverage of the test and divide the subjects based on your strengths and weaknesses. Allocate more time on your weaknesses but don’t neglect your strengths.
3. Plan your review strategy.
There are various ways to study each lesson. Know your type of learning style for it will help you grasp your lessons faster.
4. Use relevant books only.
The innumerable number of books you had since Grade 1 is overwhelming. Reviewing all of them will only consume your time and energy. Focus on more recent books but don’t forget to browse your old notes.
5. Don’t memorize—internalize.
Memorization is not the best way to pass an exam; details will only vanish in no time. Thus, understand what you are reviewing.
6. Answer previous year test papers.
There’s a great chance that previous questions from reviewers and tests will appear on your exam. So, don’t forget to practice answering them within a time limit.
7. Be creative with your review strategy.
Use mnemonics, flashcards, and learn all the shortcuts to better understand and memorize the lessons. Maximize cutouts, photos, and videos on your review.
8. Eat healthy to think healthy.
Keep yourself healthy. Eat fruits and vegetables and avoid junk foods. Bad eating habits make people less smart.
9. Practice and practice a lot more.
70% of the preparation is practicing. After reading and taking notes, try to answer test papers over and over again. Having a group study session with your friends is a great idea, too!
10. Condition yourself for the upcoming entrance exam.
It’s vital that your mind is more than ready for the exam. So, months before the exam, tell yourself, “You will ace the exam!” every single day.
During the Entrance Exam
1. Relax; inhale, exhale.
Don’t panic and try not to review your notes 10 minutes before the exam. Doing this will only worsen your state of focus.
2. Use the method of elimination and make educated guesses.
If you can’t remember the answer, eliminate the least possible options and choose the most probable answer.
3. Read the questions cautiously.
Don’t jump into answering the item if you’ve only read the first 3 words. Remember; read the questions twice, if possible.
4. Manage time wisely.
This is a common tip but it is one of the most effective ways to pass the exam. Wear your wristwatch and be cautious of the time.
After the Entrance Exam
1. Don’t overthink.
Don’t focus on the uncertainties. Be glad that you were able to take the exam and you’ve given your best!
2. Reward yourself with your favorite snack.
After the exam, eat your favorite food! Whatever it is, it will surely make you feel better.
3. Wait for the results patiently.
It may be hours, days, or even months before you get the results. So, have a positive mindset while waiting.
- Know the location of the test center.
- Arrive at least an hour before the exam.
- Get enough sleep and rest.
- Be confident.
- Bring a jacket.
What You Need to Know About CIIT’s New Online Entrance Exam
To ensure your safety during the pandemic, CIIT-Philippines is shifting our college admission process from the traditional pencil-and-paper test to an online exam.
To become a part of the CIT family, simply follow the steps below. Schedule your online entrance exam anytime from Monday to Friday from 2 PM to 4 PM with our Admissions Officer.
1. Send us a message on our official Facebook account to schedule your exam.
2. Prepare and submit the soft copies of the following admission requirements via email at email@example.com a day before your scheduled exam date.
– Accomplished application form for admission
– Grade 11 report card for incoming 1st year college students
– Transcript of records for transferees or second courser
– Proof of examination fee payment using our online payment channels
– Active Gmail address
3. Wait for our Admissions officer to confirm your scheduled exam date. Listen carefully to the instructions on how we will conduct the online entrance exam.
4. Make sure you are online on the exam day. Our Admissions officer will screen share and proctor the test through a video conference platform.
Things to Prepare for the CIIT Entrance Exam
– Laptop or Desktop with mic and camera
– Stable internet connection
– Active Gmail account
– Google Hangouts
– Paper and pencil for the Drawing test and PPR computation
Senior high school? Bachelor’s degree? Specialist programs? CIIT Philippines is here to equip you for your dream job. The first step you need to take is our entrance exam. So, take note of the tips we’ve prepared for you! Now, contact CIIT Philippines, prepare your requirements, and pass the entrance exam! Soon enough, you’ll be part of the top digital arts school’s family.
Sources: toppr.com | edukasyon.ph | filipiknow.net