The latest mobile gadgets and apps are changing the way we communicate, work, and access data.
Various trades and users have embraced this; thus, placing mobile app makers on the top spot of the most in-demand and fastest growing IT careers for the year 2015.
For a better grasp of the mobile app market, CIIT, the best game development school in the country, gives the job outlook for graduates of mobile game makers.
Based on an online survey conducted by ZDNet Asia, the yearly pay of mobile app makers varies.
- Those with less than 5 years of experience: ₱355,350
- Those with 5 to 10 years of experience: ₱489,526
- Those with more than 10 years of experience: ₱679,673
Skills and Duties
- Fluent in OOP languages such as Java, Objective-C, and C++
- Code, test, debug, check, and record changes in mobile apps
- Skilled at working in one or more of the top mobile platforms
- Can carry out application program interfaces to support mobile functions
- Understand the terms, concepts, and strategies to code mobile apps
- Migrate and adapt existing web apps to the leading mobile platforms
- Work closely with other units to brainstorm and optimize deployments
- Recommend changes and upgrades to existing mobile apps
Businesses typically improve mobile apps for multiple platforms at once to make the most of their market penetration and return on investment. Hence, the more platforms you study and master, the more sought-after you become as a pro mobile app maker. Based on most surveys, Android and iOS lead the market, making these platforms the ideal fields to focus on in your studies.
In addition, most employers want job applicants with at least a Bachelor’s degree in software engineering, mobile computing, or similar field of study. They want to see samples of your best mobile apps and development projects.
Several marketable skills are also important to look for in a degree program.
- iOS App Development (iPhone and iPad)
- Android App Development
- Java SE/ME/EE
- Objective-C and C++
- User-Interface Design
- Game and Simulation Programming
- Mobile App Portfolio Assembly
- Database and OS Fundamentals
- Mobile Media Marketing and Deployment
Mobile app makers are in high demand right now because a range of fields hires them. Thus, now is the right time to go into this field if you have what it takes to become one; but, first, equip yourself with the needed skills and knowledge. To prepare yourself, find training programs and accredited degrees in schools such as CIIT. It’s one of the best game development schools in the country. Enroll now and experience a successful and stable career!