It’s no secret that having a successful career and starting a business are the top goals of GenZers. Hence, the Department of Education (DepEd) ensures that students are empowered to be globally competitive in different industries, including business.
To help students in this area, DepEd revamped the curriculum and opened a senior high school program that focuses on accounting and business—the Accountancy, Business and Management (ABM) strand.
Indeed, senior high tracks aid students in reaching their potential as they prepare for college and the professional world. With this in mind, we at CIIT offer ABM strand subjects that are surely beneficial regardless if you want to pursue a business course, start a business, or dive into other career paths.
What is the Academic ABM Strand?
The birth of the K-12 curriculum paved the way for various senior high school tracks alongside ABM. These include Humanities and Social Sciences (HUMSS); Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM); and General Academic Strand (GAS). These courses aim to kickstart students’ professional careers with industry know-how and skills to compete in the global market.
Zeroing in on the ABM strand, this program teaches financial and business management classes. Some of these include economics, accounting, and entrepreneurship. This course seeks to provide preparatory classes for those who want to pursue business-related courses and careers.
As one of the most innovative schools in the Philippines, CIIT ensures to strike a good balance between art and technology as well as creativity and logic. Because of this, our supportive community of experts, educators, and industry leaders developed an improved ABM curriculum, highlighting the importance of modern business models, tools, and theories.
Among the many reasons we stand out among other institutions that offer this track are our ABM strand subjects. We guarantee to train our students to have a competitive advantage as they learn the ins and outs of digital marketing, technopreneurship, eCommerce, and other essential business courses. Read on to find out more about our ABM strand subjects.
Deciding what strand to take is crucial as you forge a successful path for your future endeavors. Moreover, knowing the curriculum is essential to weigh if it’s the right choice to turn your goals into reality. One way to do this is by becoming familiar with the course’s syllabus. Here’s a list of DepEd’s ABM strand subjects.
- Applied Economics
- Business Ethics and Social Responsibility
- Fundamentals of Accountancy, Business and Management 1
- Fundamentals of Accountancy, Business and Management 2
- Business Finance
- Organization and Management
- Principles of Marketing
- Work Immersion
Adding to this list, we also offer specialized ABM strand subjects to better mold our students’ character and skills. This is for them, not only to excel in the business arena, but also to become thought leaders in other industries. That being said, here’s a rundown of the world-class ABM strand subjects you’ll study when you enroll in our program.
- Reading and Writing
- Komunikasyon at Pananaliksik sa Wika at Kulturang Filipino
- Empowerment Technologies: ICT for Professional Tracks
- Statistics and Probability
- CIIT Values
- Earth and Life Science
- Pagbasa at Pagsusuri ng Iba’t Ibang Teksto tungo sa Pananaliksik
- Oral Communication in Context
- General Mathematics
- Physical Education
- Physical Science
- Practical Research 1
- Personal Development
- The Contemporary Philippine Arts from the Regions
- Introduction to Philosophy of the Human Person
- Practical Research 2
- English for Academic and Professional Purposes
- Physical Education 2
- Filipino sa Piling Larangan
- Understanding Culture Society and Politics
- Industry Readiness
- 21st Century Literature from the Philippines and the World
- Media and Information Literacy
- Inquiries, Investigation, and immersion
- Seminars and Workshops
- Business Mathematics. Provides a thorough understanding of the fundamental mathematical concepts and their applications in business.
- Fundamentals of Accounting. Deals with preparing and analyzing financial statements independently or by utilizing useful software.
- Integrated Business Management. Teaches students how to leverage technology by innovatively using it to manage a business—including production, promotion, and decision-making.
- Digital Marketing. Equips students to take advantage of different digital platforms to expand the business, promote the brand, and increase sales.
- Opportunity Seeking. Helps students learn how to effectively look for opportunities and determine which is best to take for professional and business growth.
- Microeconomics. Educates students on how to deal with the economy in all of its facets, as well as how to study market behavior, demands, and resources.
- Financial Management. Focuses on making students experts in handling finances and teaches them the principles of profitability, expenses, cash and credit, and cash flow.
- Business Ethics and Responsibilities. Ensures that students exhibit ethical responsibility and accountability in making decisions and treating all stakeholders.
- Business Enterprise Simulation. Prepares students for real-world business operations through immersion in learning from industry professionals.
The Importance of Learning the ABM Strand Subjects
As previously stated, studying ABM strand subjects not only prepares you to be successful entrepreneurs; it also sharpens your skills so you can thrive in other industries. Yes, there’s no denying that when you want to pursue a business-related course or plan to start a business, ABM is the best preparatory senior high school program. However, there are instances where students, despite taking ABM, don’t continue on this track.
Fortunately, with CIIT, there’s no such thing as wasted time. We make sure that each course is well thought out to provide quality education. With our in-depth coursework, you’ll be trained to effectively work on real-life business problems, which is a skill you can apply when working in different professions.
Additionally, you’ll also acquire soft and hard skills that are relevant and needed to flourish in your chosen field. For example, our core subjects allow you to exercise project planning and time management skills, and out-of-the-box thinking. They also prepare you to be front-runners in a competitive environment.
Be a Globally Competitive CIITzen with CIIT’s ABM Strand
Our passion to change the world is evident in our course offerings and world-class graduates. Become one of the leaders in business—whether as a professional or a business owner—by preparing as early as in senior high school. Take a step closer to your dreams with the help of our educators. Together, let’s weave creativity and innovation and reach your dreams.
What are you waiting for? Dominate the college and professional world with CIIT’s senior high tracks. You can also browse through our other programs. Connect with us and be part of our vibrant community!